Connect to YNAB
To connect Exist Integrations to YNAB, you will have to go through the OAuth workflow from YNAB.
From the Exist Integrations home press the + Add New Integration button. Scroll down to YNAB, and press the Connect to YNAB button. You will be sent to YNAB. When requested authorize Exist Integrations. You will be redirected back to Exist Integrations.
Manage YNAB Settings
After you have connected to YNAB, you must set the configure each Budget Category to one of the Exist attributes.
- Money spent - the total money spent on a given day sent to the official Exist attribute
- Money earned - the total money earned on a given day sent to a custom attribute in Exist
- Money saved - the total money saved on a given day sent to a custom attribute in Exist
Configure the attributes you wish to send to Exist and press the Set the Attributes from YNAB to send to Exist button.
Correct Data Issues
If you are experiencing data issues with the data Exist Integrations is sending to Exist, you can initiative a 'Zero Out.' This will zero out all attributes for the last 14 days. Then it will reprocess all pulses.
This can happen if a transaction is deleted or if you manually adjust the totals of the custom attributes from the Exist web or mobile apps.
The YNAB Processor runs every hour at 30 minutes past the hour. It will execute the following sequence:
- Download all transactions from YNAB for the last 14 days
- Check if the Category for the transaction is configured and identify the attribute
- If no records are in the user_data, save the value for the attribute
- If a record does exist, check if the date has changed. If the date has changed, send a negative value for the previous day and a positive value for the new day
- If a record does exist, and the value has changed, save a value that is the difference between what Exist Integrations has sent and what the value is from YNAB
- Increment any of the new data in Exist
- Purge any data linked to your YNAB user over than 21 days.
Note: Exist Integrations no longer supports sub-transactions. Any transaction that is split will not be processed into Exist Integrations. Deleted transactions don't also seem to be sending to Exist Integrations, so if you notice differences please utilize the 'Correct Data Issues' section.
You can remove all data from Exist Integrations by disconnecting the service through the Management page. Exist Integrations will also disconnect the service if the service returns a 401 Unauthorized from the API.