Connect to Trakt
To connect Exist Integrations to Trakt, you will have to go through the OAuth workflow from Trakt.
From the Exist Integrations home press the + Add New Integration button. Scroll down to Trakt, and press the Connect to Trakt button. You will be sent to Trakt. When requested authorize Exist Integrations. You will be redirected back to Exist Integrations.
Manage Trakt Settings
After you have connected to Trakt, you must set the attributes you want sent to Exist.
- Watching TV * - the total time watching television shows will be sent to the official watching TV attribute
- Watching Movies * - the total time watching movies will be sent to a custom attribute in Exist
* These attributes are also supported with Toggl Track. If you have configured them with Toggl Track, you will not be able to configure them with Trakt.
Select the attributes you wish to send to Exist and press the Set the Attributes from Trakt to send to Exist button.
Note, in the old version of Exist Integrations when you selected to include both TV and movies it would aggregate the totals into the Watching TV attribute. With the creation of custom attributes, once you configure Exist Integrations it will split the totals in the two attributes. Historical data sent to Exist will not be changed outside of the 7 days.
Correct Data Issues
If you are experiencing data issues with the data Exist Integrations is sending to Exist, you can initiative a 'Zero Out.' This will zero out all attributes for the last 7 days. Then it will reprocess all pulses.
This can happen if a pulse is deleted or if you manually adjust the totals of the custom attributes from the Exist web or mobile apps.
The Trakt Processor runs every hour at 20 minutes past the hour. It will execute the following sequence:
- Download all watch history from Trakt for the last 7 days.
- Save a record in the Exist Integrations database for each new watch history and selected attribute combinations.
- Check if the Correct Data Issues was triggered. If it is, the attributes will be reset to 0 on Exist for the last 7 days.
- Increment the attribute value in Exist for each watch history by day.
- Purge any data linked to your Trakt user over than 10 days.
You can remove all data from Exist Integrations by disconnecting the service through the Management page. Exist Integrations will also disconnect the service if the service returns a 401 Unauthorized from the API.